What should I wear to my portrait session?
Coordinate but DON’T match…Clothing is a HUGE part of your photo shoot!
**When styling a session, we like to pick out a color palette and have you go from there.
**Pick out your rock star from your group who will wear the pattern piece, and the rest of the group pulls from the pattern choosing their solid colors to wear.
**Another choice is pick one color, and have different tonal ranges of that color on each family member.
**I love bold colors and patterns. I love fabrics with lots of texture (sweaters, denim, knits). Layers and texture add interest and depth to an image. So pair up short/long-sleeved shirts and dresses etc.
Some Important Do’s…
- Hair – If you color your hair, make sure it is up to date.
- Nails – Your hands will be in your portraits.
- Tops – Sleeveless and super short sleeves accentuate the upper arm. The most flattering styles are ¾ or elbow length.
- Make up – Girls, an extra application of mascara and a darker shade of lipstick than you normally wear will be very flattering.
- Accessories – Scarfs, hats, funky belts, flowers in the hair, jewelry, sweaters, vests, jackets…all these items can take a boring image and make it come to life!
- Shoes – Don’t forget this important item…it matters! A fun or bold selection can bring the personality to life in your image.
- Guys – Have a fresh shave.
- Bumps and Blemishes – We remove them all, so don’t worry!
A Couple Don’ts…
- Graphics, logos, labels…avoid these like the plague. You take a professional photo down to an amateur level, like a snap shot.
- Bright white socks or sneakers…again a no no, for the same reason.
Wow! This is a great post. It’s so informative and on point. Thank you! 😀
Pingback: Summer Styling… | Pride in Photos
Pingback: The Night Before Christmas… | Pride in Photos
Pingback: Thankful For Each Other… | Pride in Photos
Good tips. Do you remove wrinkles too. 🙂
Pingback: Style Guides…A New Feature | Pride in Photos